6.20.2011

I Heart Japan!

...even though I've never been anywhere except the airport. I was supposed to spend two years of my life there, but it didn't work out. Japan is definitely on my unspoken bucket list; I must go before I die.

You can imagine my surprise when I found out that my friend Natalee is part Japanese. I've been wanting to do a Japanese inspired shoot for awhile, and she was a perfect person to be part of bringing to reality.

We went to several less urban spots in the city that lent themselves to a prettier backdrop than my normal grunge and graffiti. One spot off of Metairie Road even had bamboo; it was perfect.

As always, I had a blast with Natalee, and Lydia came along to provide laughs and support to the shoot. I absolutely adore the results. I have to give a shout out to Caroline for making the flower we used in Natalee's hair out of coffee filters...isn't that just amazing?














4 comments:

  1. This is great! Hands down, the first is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Joe on my fave - the first is it! What a fun time - and you're making all your friends into models who are comfortable in front of your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Natalee and had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool! I really like these pictures :) I really like the theme shoots

    ReplyDelete