6.14.2011

Ben & Sarah

My friend Allison is one member of a family of four; she happens to be the mom. Her kids are each unique and full of personality.

Her son, Ben, warmed up to after the initial time that we met. His expression and the way he says my name delight me each and every time I see his smiling face.

On the other hand, her daughter Sarah took several months to even begin to tolerate me, and even then she still had moments where I wasn't her favorite. Thankfully, she's grown up a little and has realized that I'm pretty cool...ha, ha!

I spent a morning with them recently for a photo session. Originally, Allison wanted to go to the zoo, but I'm a pretty firm believer in not trying to have a photo session at a place where kids are normally allowed to go nuts. Parents never want their children going nuts during a photo session they're paying me to shoot. :)

We agreed to try out the Marigny for our location, and I think we were both more than pleased with the results. The kids were superb and really cooperative, which makes my job much easier.

The only hiccup in our time together was when some lady pulled up next to us and yelled at me for being a bad mother. One, I couldn't figure out why she was so angry because I was the one laying in the street...the kids were safe and secure on the sidewalk. Two, last time I checked, I'm not a mother. It was interesting and just another reminder of how insane and great it is to live in New Orleans.












1 comment: