6.13.2011

Awkwardness

Awkwardness...it's part of life; well, at least my life. Not because I'm the awkward one, although I do have my moments.

It rears its ugly and sometimes entertaining head everywhere I go. I wish I could just poke fun at the situations I encounter, but sometimes they're just down right embarrassing.

For me, it's easier when I'm the one caught in an awkward moment; I can laugh at myself. Sometimes, I feel so bad for other people when they just can't help it...it's their middle name.

Do you, like me, experience these all too common treats in your everyday life? I'd LOVE to hear what they are; here are a few things I find awkward lately:

1. Eating in silence with someone else present in the lunch room at work.

2. People who don't understand social cues.

3. Jokes that are completely inappropriate.

4. Customers who tell me they're going to make me a better designer, even though they have no
    education or experience. Just the sheer greatness of who they are MUST rub off.

5. Keeping secrets when someone asks me a direct question related to what I know and pretend not to.

6. Trying to hide from certain customers because the sight of them strikes fear into my heart.

7. When I don't get my bosses jokes, and he doesn't get mine.

8. Any time a customer makes a reference to taking you on a date or directly asks you out. There's NO
    good answer.

9. When two close friends are arguing in my presence.

10. Hearing people use the bathroom because the lunch room is so silent.

These are the first things that came to mind. I hope you comment and share your favorite awkward moments of yourself or the people in your life.


1 comment: