9.09.2010

Branding

I've been trying to brand my freelance design and photography for awhile now. It is a really important step, and I've had a hard time being decisive about what I want.

A logo and consistent branding can do so many positive things for a company. It also exudes a certain feel that will either attract consumers or send them packing. Think Apple or Nike. When you see the Apple icon or the Nike swoosh...you know who the products belong to, even without the wording. In my opinion, that's great branding.

My indecisiveness about my own "logo" has been so amusing to me because I have no problems making decisions for clients. I can decide what I think would be best for them, but it has been difficult to step away and do that for myself.

I had too many ideas, of course. In the end, I went with something that felt like New Orleans to me. A hint of modern with a little old school, urban flare.

Let me know what you think, but if you don't like it, too bad! It took months and a job loss to finally come to a conclusion on this, so I'm sticking with it.


8 comments:

  1. looks good. i went through the same thing about a month ago. i would like your opinion. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Attic-Monster/144249055605943?success=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great, Katie!! Looks awesome to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it's perfect, katie. what i like even more is the confidence you have in it! i see good things in your future!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job, Hodas! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go, girl! It looks great, Katie. Now go click your heels! HA! da da da....

    ReplyDelete