7.14.2010

Girls' Night

If you know me, then you probably know I was a tomboy growing up. I enjoyed the outdoors, and spent every day after school outside. I played street basketball with all the guys in my neighborhood, and I wasn't half bad. There were many skinned knees, but I didn't really mind. It made me feel tough, playing with the guys and not crying when I got hurt.

Some of these things are the reason that friendships with guys came naturally for me. I always thought girls were too high maintenance. They were always really sensitive, and they hold grudges for all eternity. That was just way too intense for me, so I liked my place as "one of the guys." It took me a long time to realize that I didn't REALLY want to be "one of the guys." Go figure; I'm a girl and need to act like one. :)

It has been a process, but God has really shown me what a blessing it can be to have great girls in my inner circle. I cherish the fun I have with them and the crazy things that we can laugh about together. Plus, they know the real secret about me...I'm such a sap! Shhhhh, don't tell anyone! Most importantly, we can challenge each other with what God is teaching us and share how we can pray for one another.

Anyway, here are a couple photographs of the food that McKenzie made from our Girls' Night last weekend. I find it amusing that I didn't actually take any pictures of the girls; what was I thinking?












2 comments: