7.13.2010

Crafts with Caroline

Caroline is Joe's little sister, but I want to claim her as my little sister too, if that's possible. She's amazing, and I don't think I could ever get tired of spending time with her. I never had a sister, and Caroline and I have a few things in common. One of those things is our love of crafts. She leans more towards sewing as her artistic outlet, and I really enjoy collages when I'm not doing design work.

When we got together recently, we decided to try something new - mixed media. We took a trip to Michael's (the craft store) to get some supplies and had a blast checking out everything in the store. We spent a couple hours laughing and talking while making art.

Here's what came out of our time together! The first three are of Caroline and her art; the next three are of my piece.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work! Strangely enough, I was motivated to try my hand at mixed media this week as well.... but I'm not through with mine. And it's a bit simpler. After all, there were two tiny tots painting right by me. (And trying to paint on my canvas as well!)

    We need to have a crafty night, for real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo, let's make a date. I'm not sure if I can be productive with kids running around either. :) You can never have too many craft nights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete