3.10.2010

Fire!

The other night I went to a fire breathing show in the French Quarter. It ended up being way more exciting than I initially thought it would be. I sat in the front on the ground, so that I would be close enough to shoot with my 50 mm lens. It wasn't too long before I was regretting this decision. I could feel the heat of the flames as several different people, dressed up like Alice in Wonderland characters, performed. They each had their own "thing." Some of them twirled rods with fire on both ends or flaming balls on a chain; their motions were so intense that I was concerned about them losing control. This was especially true when one chick lit her whip on fire and started cracking it over and over again, right near my face. That whip was close, a little too close for my comfort. All in all, it turned out to be an eventful hour, and I didn't get burnt. Yay!





























































1 comment:

  1. I really like the one with the feet following the fireballs and the Matt setting his hand on fire. I stayed wide so I didn't catch these cool detail shots!

    ReplyDelete