3.11.2011

Camera Apps...Oh My!

A customer came into the store today, and he was asking if I thought the quality of his photo was good enough to print as a 36x36 size. It was taken with his iphone, and at that size it was quite pixelated. Thankfully for him, it kind of worked with his image. It was a square photo with one of those cool vintage borders that I've been seeing on Facebook.

I've wanted to download another cool camera app, so I asked which app he was using. He made the plug for Hipstamatic. It seemed like a sweet application to have, so I decided to buy it tonight. It gives you the ability to switch lenses, film, or flashes. I haven't had the chance to really test it out yet, but I took a few photos to give you an idea.

So, if you're even remotely interested in taking better images of your dog, child, flowers, or a sunset with more variety, you should definitely check this out. We can go out shooting together, and you don't even need a fancy camera, just a fancy iphone.

There's also an app called Retro Camera Plus that has some vintage and polaroid options. It's not quite as versatile, but it is FREE. I downloaded both. I'm contemplating shooting one image a day with my phone using this new app for the entire 40 days of lent. Other folks are giving stuff up...I'm taking more pictures. :)

1 comment:

  1. those sound fun! I'll have to check them out...may go with the free one for now, but I can't wait to see your 40 days of photos! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete