2.25.2011

Like to Read?

As I mentioned earlier this week, I discovered a bookstore in the French Quarter. It's called Arcadian Books & Prints. It must have been the beat up exterior that initially drew me to the store, and then I saw the sign for "free books." Of course I had to further inspect what books the store was giving away for free...on the off chance there might be something I'd want.

However, then we went inside, and I was completely overwhelmed. It was cramped and dusty, and I immediately started sneezing. Being allergic to dust is really a downer sometimes. As you'll see from the photos below, there are mounds and mounds of books with seemingly no order at all. Two people cannot occupy the same space inside or even pass each other. Despite that, the guy working there assured me there was order in what I saw as chaos. It was also one of the most charming places I had been to in awhile. The charm was really in the chaos and history all stored up in one amazing place.

If you like to read, you should stop in and explore the collection. I'm sure you'll find something that you MUST buy and take home. If not, accompany a friend who will purchase a book; I know my friend April did. Or, you may just find a "free book" on the stoop that's perfect for your collection.










2 comments: