1.05.2011

Ever Wonder?

I have a very strong desire to be great at my job, and this desire pushes me to learn new things, never settle for less, admit mistakes, and to keep striving to give 120%. The rest of my life could be completely chaotic, but my work life is organized, planned, and detailed. It's the only way to make sure all the different deadlines are met.

This causes me to ask myself sometimes, "Am I really good at what I do? Do people truly like my work?" Everyone must ask these types of questions, right? I mean...you'll know if your doctor isn't good because the results will be evident in your health. But, how do you know when your field is completely subjective like mine? I realize that this is partially answered by when clients continue to hire me or not, but how would you ever know without feedback?

The other day, I was reminded of how great if feels to be genuinely validated in what I do. No, my boss didn't tell me I'm terrific or anything (even though I am), but it came out of the blue from a close friend.

It was sincere, emphatic, and wasn't provoked by me. It absolutely made my day. So I'm giving a shout out to this anonymous friend and saying thanks.

Today, I'm going to try to make someone's day or at least encourage wherever I can. I hope you'll do the same because you never know when it will be just what the other person needs to hear.

And for crying out loud...take some pictures. :)

1 comment:

  1. Just in case you should wonder, I'm among the gang who thinks you do FANTASTIC work - in case I haven't told you lately.

    ReplyDelete