12.04.2010

Come On!

I've got two things.

One, no one has been commenting. I'm sad. What's up peeps; I need a little motivation that someone may actually read what I write, even if it is insanity.

Second, I've been a little out of pocket since I started my new job. If you're wondering, it's going well. The folks I work with are pretty cool, but I've decided I'm in some sort of hazing ritual. It is the busiest time of year where I work because of Christmas, so I would recommend beginning work in this time of year. It's nuts. I'm helping customers, even when I have mostly no clue what I'm doing. It has definitely been sink or swim for me, and I think my head is still above water for now. If that wasn't enough, I'm doing grunt work for the time being. I can't figure out if they put everyone through this regimented cycle of scanning, but I'm definitely there. I've been scanning pictures, slides, negatives for four days, and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight.

On a positive note, I'm busy which is really good, even if it is monotonous. One of these days they'll let me out of the cage to put my degree and experience to work. Until then, scanning it is, and as my friend Maggie reminded me...


Whatever you do, work as though for the Lord and not for men.
Enough said, I think.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks guys! Y'all are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read it! I just hardly ever comment because I am scared I will say something stupid and then it will be on the internet for all eternity ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here! I'm glad your new job is going okay. Hang in there... learning a new job + new people stinks. You'll make it! For reals, yo.

    And, I agree about commenting! Why, oh, why do people think we just blog in order to share our thoughts and opinions? I'm not assuming this is your reason at all, but I blog to get comments and therefore to have validation for my life's work.

    Sigh. I need to get out more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read, well through Google Reader so I won't show up on stats either, so don't think you are talking to vacant space

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may be months after the promise, but I finally posted the pics you took and gave you the props you deserve! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mandi! I appreciate it. I'm still waiting to do that secretary shoot....let's get on it! Maybe we can sell the photos to Nola Baby!

    ReplyDelete