8.24.2010

Shadows

Shadows are such an intriguing thing. They can be lurking and creepy or distorted proportionally by where the sun is located in the sky.

As a designer, I sometimes create shadows on logos or lettering. I have a hard time figuring out the length and angle that makes it look natural. I know there must be some sort of mathematical solution to this, but my brain doesn't function that way.

Last weekend, I went out to take some photos with shadows in mind. I didn't find as many really interesting ones this time because I was in suburbia, but I still had a great time.
















2 comments:

  1. I loves the shapes and composition. The monochrome really hones in on that. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one of the pipes is my fave -- love how the straight lines are distorted.

    ReplyDelete