8.30.2010

The Impact of Music

I went to public high school in a suburb of New Orleans, and I loved it, minus the actual schooling. I really appreciate that this school was racially diverse; it added so much flavor to who I was and was better preparation for real life.

I listened to a lot of rap music back then with bad language. My mom always complained that I shouldn't listen to music with questionable lyrics, but I was rebellious and continued enjoying Tupac.

It was only recently that I've realized what an impact music really has on me and my mood. I began listening to Magic 101.9 a lot at the office because the music was work appropriate. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but my first choice was not appropriate because of the content of some of the songs. After awhile I noticed that I was feeling down, and eventually I realized it was partially from this mellow, love music all day.

I changed what I was listening to, and it really helped improve my attitude. Here's a confession. I really like the beat of the Eminem song "Love the Way You Lie." It's about domestic violence, and the lyrics are questionable so no posting here. However, my friend, Cody, sent me an alternate version the other day that really cracked me up, so I wanted to share it with you instead.

Enjoy! I hope this brightens the beginning of your work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment