7.20.2010

Bywater Artistry

As I mentioned yesterday, the Bywater of New Orleans is such a unique place. I took pictures of all of the fun art that we saw along the way. There's graffiti, stencil art, and two amazing murals. I also took a picture of an alligator, just for my friend Sal. He adores them, and I couldn't resist (not that he reads this blog).

On a different note, I didn't realize...
1. That we had walrus
2. That we needed to save them

Have you seen any amazing graffiti in New Orleans? If so, I'd love to hear what and where.
















4 comments:

  1. Just today I saw one of my faves.... If you take the Superdome exit off the highway and loop around, a building on the left has a homeless Abe Lincoln (complete with top hat) pushing a shopping card. Above him are the words "Prison is Slavery." It's impeccably done and thought-provoking.

    Maybe you, me, my tiny toddler gangsters, and your gangster buddies could have a photo shoot there. HAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the alligator a mural or is stuck on the wall because it looks 3D.

    ReplyDelete