6.29.2010

Oh How I Love Thee.

I love crafts, so it wasn't a surprise when I agreed to lead a craft for our annual Make It & Take It event. My group made a vintage book frame out of old, hardback Readers' Digests. Fun times!

My friend, Kristyn, was the guest speaker for the evening. She shared her story of infertility and journey to adopt her precious daughter, Ellen. I knew she would do a great job, but I never imagined how her story would apply to my life. Then, she brought up the word "contentment." She was candid with her struggle of being joyful and content while still having such a strong desire for something that God had not yet given her and her husband. She said, "It's a decision to be content every day." I could totally relate.  We don't share the same specific struggle, but contentment can apply to so many different things. There are several areas of my life that I keep bringing to God but have yet to see the circumstance change. Despite that, I know he has a plan for me, even when I can't see what he's doing.

That's my new challenge...choosing contentment.






1 comment:

  1. Where are the photos of the final product? :)

    praying for you on your own special journey, katie!

    ReplyDelete