6.22.2010

Life and Music

I've been a total slacker and lazy about photography this past week; it's why I've got nothing exciting to show here, at least in the visual form. I promise to have some stuff next week, even if I have to make it up.

In the meantime, I've been wanting to make and old school hits CD of nostalgic songs from growing up. It MUST happen and happen soon. I mentioned this to a friend of mine the other night (who will remain nameless). I said that one of the songs would be "Here Comes the Hotstepper." It's been playing in my head lately, so I started to sing it, "Here comes the hotstepper, murderer..." Immediately my friend started laughing, but I kept singing, "I'm the lyrical gangster, murderer..." Eventually, I had to stop my singing and dancing to figure out if she was laughing with or at me. Apparently, she never knew the words were "murderer;" she had been singing da, da, da instead of "murderer" all this time! Imagine that? At that point, I laughed hysterically and made sure to tell a mutual friend of ours pronto...it had to be documented.

So, I'm asking, what would be on your top five list of old school songs if you made a mix CD today? I listened to some pretty crappy music back then, so I take no responsibility for my list. It is what it is; I can't fight it!

1. Here Comes the Hotstepper
2. Shoop - Salt-n-Pepper
3. 3 AM - Matchbox Twenty
4. Motorcycle Drive By - Third Eye Blind
5. Gin & Juice - Snoop Dogg

2 comments:

  1. The last three would be on my list, for sure. Except, not just 3AM, but every song off "Yourself Or Someone Like You". I wore that out!!
    Actually...I'm probably gonna listen to it now, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous...I might need to get a copy now.

    ReplyDelete