2.18.2010

Did I Really Agree to do THIS?

I have a new friend from Jordan. Once Sarah and I realized that he had NEVER been to a Mardi Gras parade, we immediately made plans to stake out the Uptown parade route this past Sunday for Bacchus. We really wanted him to have a great first experience, but in the back of my mind, I kept wondering why I had agreed to do this? Me, the girl who doesn't enjoy the carnival season. However, I had agreed and could not go back on my word.

The day was mixed with frustration and fun. It was fun seeing all the elaborately decorated floats, catching fun throws, hanging out with some good friends, and watching the people around us. Keeping dibs on our spot that we had secured at 8:45 am and fending off drunk/pot smoking folks around us was a different story. People in this city never cease to amaze me with their "anything goes" attitude.

I am so appreciative of everyone who came to hang out and maintain our spot. Also to Maggie, who cooked some delicious Gumbo for all of us. Thanks, guys and gals!

I took a few pictures of all the activities of the day. Here are my favorites.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment