1.05.2012

Weddings...Oh My!

Back in July, a couple of my friends were getting married and asked me to be their photographer. I honestly tried to talk them out of it, explaining to them that I'm a portrait photographer instead. Weddings really intimidate me. They were set on me doing it, so I agreed to be there on their big day, camera in hand.

Oh yeah! Did I mention that shortly after agreeing to this, I broke my finger. Meaning, I was shooting my first wedding in over two years with my left arm in a cast. I was nuts but determined to come through for them. I enlisted the help of my good friend Joe, who kept me calm and was my second shooter. I could not have done it without his help.

Their wedding was beautiful and incorporated many different elements. You see, Blanca is from Bolivia, so some of her family was there who mainly spoke Spanish. They were doing ministry at a deaf church in the city, so there was sign language throughout the ceremony. I was happy to be there and experience all these different people coming together to celebrate their union.

Even though I'm six months late in posting these, congratulations Corey and Blanca! Here are a few of my favorites.












2 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots of a precious couple! Back when we were in NOLA Corey watched our girls at church on Wed night. Well, my girls saw him on campus one day and said "There's Mr. Glory!" I think that was Corey's secret super hero name....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I want a superhero name.

    ReplyDelete