6.01.2011

Jean Lafitte Part One

On a nice, cool day a few weeks back, I decided to head out to Jean Lafitte National Park. There's a nice trail, and I hoping to enjoy the scenery and see some gators. Oh yeah! Maggie and Maria tagged along with me for the adventure.

Maggie was a regular ole eagle eye, spotting all kinds of creatures. We saw a nutria, snakes, deer, frogs, lizards, and gators of course. A family that was out there spotted a snake eating a frog, so we stopped to watch nature take its course. It was gruesome and amazing all at the same time.

There was also a really hot park ranger out on the trail, which was a bonus in my book. I definitely considered calling to set up a tour with this ranger that shall remain nameless. :)

You should head out there for an afternoon; it's great. If not to see some amazing wildlife, there's a chance you might run into a very attractive park ranger...just sayin'. Plus, there's always something new to discover or explore.

Check back in this week for some other shots taken with my friend's infrared camera.















1 comment: