3.23.2011

Infrared Rookie-Part I

My co-worker lent me her infrared camera awhile back for me to experiment. It was nice to challenge myself with something different and capture new, different images of some of my favorite places in the city. It helped me to see things in a whole new light.

There was definitely a learning curve for me. At first I wanted to shoot things with lots of color, but the color looked completely with the infrared. Eventually, I started to think in terms of black and white film, and that really helped me to wrap my mind around making better photographs.

I'm usually a purist when it comes to photography. I don't like to use a lot of filters and adjustments on my portraits; I love it when things look like real life. These photos are not like my portraits at all. As you'll see, the brownish toned photographs are the color straight out of camera. The blue or greened toned images were adjusted with the channel mixer in photoshop. All of these were shot on ISO 100.













3 comments:

  1. Very cool! Can't wait to see part 2. I think my fav is the 6th down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are SO awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tara! I need to come see you soon.

    ReplyDelete