11.29.2010

Moving Forward!

I'm working again, and I start today.

I'm not sure what my official title is, but I'll be doing design work at Bennett's Camera. They sell cameras and camera gear, process negatives and print reprints, print greeting or Christmas cards, photo books, and so much more. So, if you have some pictures you've been meaning to print or want to create a photo book for a loved one, you should stop by.

I'm very thankful for a full time job, and I'm looking forward to what the Lord has in store for me. I've been going back to a couple verses over and over again during this transition period.

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:18-19

...But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13b-14

I have a hard time forgetting things, especially if it was something painful. Sometimes I just allow little and meaningless things to open old wounds, but I can't live in the past. I have no control over what happened or will happen. It is what it is, so it's time to move forward, trusting God with the control.

Life is too short and too precious to dwell on the past. If you're hanging onto something, take a step forward with me and let it go. You won't miss the baggage...I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment