9.21.2010

I Don't Know Much

I don't know much these days, but I know God is in control. It's not because he's given me a clear direction on what to do next or provided any reason for why he's allowed this interruption in my life; in fact, I regularly want to have a total meltdown and question why, why, why? Despite my humanness which sometimes results in overwhelming emotion, I'm doing my best to trust God.

There are two reasons that I'm completely confident in Him. I believe the Bible when it says, "...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (Philippines 1:6)."

And...

I've also experienced God's faithfulness in my life numerous times. He's NEVER failed me, so I have no reason to doubt that he'll come through for me this time. Now, it may not be in my timing or look how I think it should, but He will come through. I may not have a dollar to my name when that day rolls around, but He will still be God. Of course, I hope I never get close to that point, but I want to believe that I will still praise Him if I find myself in such circumstances.

One idea that has continued to permeate my thoughts the last few weeks is...He is worthy! No matter how I feel, God is worthy of my praise in any and every circumstance. I believe this to be especially true when I don't want to praise Him. You see, praising Him anyway really puts me in my place; if I allowed my feelings to keep me from worship, I would be elevating myself above God. I would be saying that I am more important than Him, and we all know, that is clearly not the case.

There's not much else to say, but I'd love to challenge you to worship, even when it is a very difficult thing to do.

Look forward to pictures of my friend's beautiful child tomorrow, and in honor of the Saints win last night, here's a photo from one of the preseason games.


No comments:

Post a Comment