7.27.2010

Sal & Raina's Engagement

Sal has become a good friend since last November when he first moved to New Orleans. This past weekend I took a road trip to attend his engagement party in Dallas. You see, he's Jordanian and engagements are a big deal. I'm still having trouble completely wrapping my head around everything, but his engagement involved a party, a ceremony with the exchanging of engagement rings and jewelry, singing, dancing, and lots of food. And there was Arabic...lots and lots of Arabic spoken. I pretty much didn't understand any of the ceremony, so it was good that I was focued on taking photographs of everything.

I had a great time; it made me feel like I was traveling internationally. In a way, I kind of did. The whole thing was a great experience, and it was even better just being there to support Sal. Also, I was finally able to meet Raina. She's even more beautiful in person than the pictures I'd seen. I'm looking forward to getting to know her, and I'm so happy for the two of them.

Like I said, it was eventful, so two posts are definitely required. Check back tomorrow for part two.












1 comment:

  1. I love the one of me and Sal. He's such a ham, haha

    ReplyDelete