5.21.2010

Foundations.

1 Corinthians 3:11-14
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward...

This morning I didn't have power at work, access to the internet, or the ability to retrieve my files from our server; as a result, I broke out the Bible...and the scripture above is what stuck out to me.

Jesus is the foundation of my life, but what am I building on top of that foundation? What materials am I using? What is the motivation of my heart as I build?

I was reminded that we can have plans, ambitions, and goals for our lives, but if God isn't in them, where does that leave us? If I'm tested with a trial by fire, what will be left? As I stand in the ashes, will I still have hope?

The quality of my life and work will be exposed in what remains after the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment