4.19.2010

Alligators...Finally!

I grew up on the bayou...not literally, but my family had a camp on the water. I spent many weekends, summers, etc... trawling with my dad, learning to water ski, fishing, and so much more. I've seen plenty of alligators in my time, and then I met Sal.

Sal moved here back in November, and the only thing he has really had any desire to see here was alligators. I still can't figure why he wanted to see them so badly because he really thought they might eat us. His date with destiny or at least the alligators happened on Saturday. We went over to Jean Lafitte National Park pretty early in the morning to walk the trail, looking for gators and any other animals we could find. Dave insisted that we would see more gators the earlier we went, but I still don't believe that was true. I think we would have seen just as many at 9 am, rather than at 7:30 am. Thankfully, the early morning produced great light, which was perfect for me to take pictures.

The best part of the morning was when we saw the first mama gator. She made a very loud hissing sound to ward us away from her babies. I guess Sal wasn't expecting this because he ran away and told us it was, "Time to go." Here's some of what I documented on the rest of our adventure.














1 comment: