3.31.2010

Guys Have It Easy

Can I just say it? Guys have it easy. I don't mean in every area and in all aspects of life, but in one specific way -- events. Guys don't usually get invited to wedding showers, baby showers, etc... Lucky!

I have been to about a million showers in the last ten years of my life (a little exaggerated but it's still a large number). Being a girl is hard work sometimes. :) I'm not saying I hate these things altogether, but I do loathe one part of the showers more than any other. Games! This is the one word that I'm always to avoid hearing at an event. I'm not sure why; I think it's that most of the games are pretty cheesy or embarrassing for either you or someone else. I'm always secretly hoping for it to be someone else. That's normal, right?

Another tidbit about me is that I like unique things, go figure. I don't like giving gifts at these showers that may be the same as something someone else brought. In an effort to be unique, I asked my mom to teach me to sew. Sewing is cool now, right? If it's not, then I don't want to know. I assumed that this would prevent me having the same gift as someone else. Yes!  Since I started learning, I've made exactly two dresses in the last month with the help of my mom. I didn't get a picture of the first one, but here's one that I brought to Mitchell Claire's party last weekend.






2 comments:

  1. Oooo, fancy and very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I heard Brooke say that you made that dress, but I didn't realize she was serious. I love that dress. My favorite part about it is that it's BLUE! It will look great on Mitchell Claire with her blue eyes! ~Jesslyn

    ReplyDelete