7.15.2009

Animal or Accessory?

Some of you may have seen my Facebook status update about two weeks ago. It said, "I just saw a woman pushing her dog in a stroller at the mall, what is the world coming to?" I immediately had to text a friend because I couldn't believe it.

Seriously! Since when did dogs become something other than a fun-lovin', loyal pet that plays fetch and lives in the backyard? I miss those days. Dogs have become accessories in our society today thanks to people like Paris Hilton. It is a big stretch for me to even see someone carrying their dog with them everywhere they go, so you can imagine how my jaw dropped when I saw this lady pushing her dog like a child in a stroller. Everytime I think about it, I am still amazed at how our society has evolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment