6.24.2009

I've been thinking...

I've been thinking lately. Usually that is not a good thing because it means I'm worrying about something. Thankfully, I've been thinking about what it means to "be" the church in our world and in my city.

Many circumstances and conversations continue to drive me back to this topic. I still don't have any definite answers, but I'm beginning to see what it is not. It is not selfish, convenient or easy, and it does not come naturally. I heard a great statement recently from a pastor in Florida. He said, "Church is not something to be evaluated for personal benefit." Wow! This just really drives it home for me, and it is a great reminder that worship is NOT ABOUT ME.

All I know is that I must continue to saturate my life with God's word and stay on my knees in prayer. I can never become comfortable with where I am and think that I have it all together. Those are just a few of the things that I think will assist me in figuring out how to boldly live out my faith each day.

What does being the church look like for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment